Oversee/ assume responsibility for ensuring effective implementation of/ compliance with DCP’s control policies and procedures in all areas (financial transactions, operational activities and IT systems).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of management accounts for export organisation on a monthly basis to enable management take decision.
- Preparation of export’s budget in-line with corporate objectives; monthly tracking and monitoring of company’s performance against budget through variance analysis.
- Preparation of appropriate schedules to support internal and external audit and liaise with auditors on the audit process and procedures.
- Review of the different components of transit charges due to the various foreign authorities and negotiation thereof, for cost reduction in the export organisation of the company’s operations.
- Management and reconciliation of offshore bank accounts for reimbursement and funding to enable timely payments of transit and toll charges to the necessary international authorities.
- Preparation of ageing report, reconciliation of account receivables with the customer statements and sort out inter-company settlements.
- Ensures the credit limit set by Risk Management is not surpassed and all due collections are collected promptly.
- Monitors and supervises data entry team and ensuring proper record keeping of all export transactions across the countries of export.
- Comparison of actual performance with the budget to enable management take informed decisions at the right time.
- Computation of Export Expansion Grant claims from Federal Government of Nigeria based on current rating by Nigerian Export Promotion Council.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or Finance.
- Postgraduate degree in a related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as: The Association of Charterd Certified Accountants (ACCA), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Skills and Behaviours
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyze information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal relationships and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development