- This position reports to the Plant manager/Operations Director and is the leader for the logistic team based at the Mill. This role requires strong leadership to motivate and promote cross-functional teamwork in achieving consistent service to the Planning, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering and Distribution departments to effectively manage mill inventory, materials inward and supply, Palletizing and Distribution operations.
- To manage and control the total Logistic operation for Lagos Mill and support mill operations by providing a high-quality materials management service, accurate inventory control and effective personnel deployment, in order to achieve both the facility and corporate business objectives.
- Effective management and control of Mill logistic operations to ensure accurate inventory management, 100 % material availability and quality, first in class finish goods palletizing standards and cost effective distribution operation in line with Business demands.
- Strong communication (written & verbal) skills will be essential
- Strong data entry and capturing skills (must be very accurate).
- Strong analysing skills to identify root causes for consumption differences and to go after issues identified.
- Numerical Skills
- SAP R/3 skills and high-level process knowledge of the manufacturing process and materials used in the manufacturing process
- Should have a basic understanding of the end to end planning and operations process
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or Business accreditation
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience in a FMCG – working in SAP/R3 environment of which at least 3- 5 years must have been carried out at a middle management level
- Advance knowledge, experience & understanding of integrated business systems, applications & concepts, plus advanced level of Microsoft Office literacy
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership qualities in line with recognized policies.