To deliver, through management of personnel and assets, quality products for packaging, while achieving or exceeding the business targets for Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale (QCDSM), as defined in the annual operating plan.
- Collaborate with Logistics in ensuring that all raw materials received for use meet quality specifications before use.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety rules by staff.
- Use Lean principles and tools to reduce waste across process.
- Support to people development by identifying training needs, and participating in the actual training of the staff.
- Lead ETE process controls to deliver liquid quality in spec following BTM specifications.
- Deliver zero beer outage to the packaging lines.
- Ensure all SAP data are keyed in timely and accurately.
- Drive process delivery on 100% adherence to Diageo Way of Brewing standards.
- Deliver good hygienic practices to guarantee asset care within the department for plants & machinery.
- B.sc degree in any of the Physical / Biological Sciences, Chemical /Production/ Process Engineering, Food science and Technology.
- IBD qualification, preferably at Diploma level be an added advantage.
- The candidate should also have a detailed knowledge of brewing processes and be in touch with developments in Brewing Best Practice.
- 5 years’ experience in Brewing or Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 22000 and 14001 policies and procedures are required
- Strong management and coaching skills, and able to apply principles of change management.
- Strong ability to hanlde budget and cost – able to analyse financial and technical data as required and take the vital consequential steps in their span of control.
- Be skilled in the normal business software tools of the modern working environment.
- Great teammate
- Good communication skills in reading, writing and speaking.
- Should be highly proficient with analytical skills.