CTG is an award winning private sector company that enables humanitarian & development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy & manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions. We are seeking to hire a qualified Accountants to support our Regional Accounting (RA) team. The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly experienced in areas such as payroll, invoicing, taxes, local audit & processing annual returns & management of purchase order systems.
- Client facing to assist with debt collection, local banking & other financial relationships.
- Raising financial quotations for clients.
- Preparing client Purchase Orders (PO) – Call Off Orders (COO).
- Cashbook management & PO’s.
- Reviewing monthly bank statements.
- Posting cashbook to Sage accounting system.
- Assisting with payroll preparation.
- Raising schedules for pension remittances, national housing fund remittances, health care remittances, etc.
- Other financial & accounting related objectives to be determined.
- Generate timely & accurate invoices for clients, either system generated or manually as required.
- Ensure all invoices are recorded correctly in Sage.
- Reconciliation of invoices against payroll & COOs.
- Manage receipt of local supplier invoices, checking against POs, upload to Sage & issue client reimbursable invoice as required.
- Ensure timely payment of invoices by client.
- Support Credit Controller with chasing clients for unpaid invoices.
- Resolve any queries / issues with invoices to ensure swift payment.
- Direct reporting to Credit Controller.
- Oversee timesheets timely receipts with local AM’s.
- Ensure procedures & timelines are met.
- Prepare payroll system generated or manually as required as per policy.
- Reconcile payroll with Sage, COOs, contracts of employment & local tax laws.
- Direct reporting to Finance Project & Payroll Manager.
- Production & issuance of payslips.
- Calculation of Personal Income Tax (PIT) & Social Security (SS) & any other applicable local salary withholding taxes.
- Responsible for timely payment of PIT, SS & other withholding taxes to local tax departments / authorities.
- Complete annual tax returns, payment of corporate & other business taxes & other local filings.
- Manage any local audits for taxation & other jurisdictional requirements.
- Responsible for timely payment of all taxes to governing bodies.
- Posting of tax payments to Sage.
- Work with our legal team to ensure CTG adheres to local tax laws, responsible for keeping CTG in good standing & up to date with local tax laws.
- Represent CTG at local governing bodies (including ministry & tax departments).
- Manage local bank account(s) where applicable.
- Management accounting.
- Manage local budgets & actuals variance analysis for Regional Director.
- Prepare brief monthly report to summarise performance & highlight any areas of concern.
- Prepare savings schemes and analytical support on OPEX expenditure to enable local decision making.
- Provide visibility on financial business positioning to ensure effective regional management.
- Prepare local management accounts & work with local auditors as required.
- Project reporting.
- This role reports to the Regioanl Accountant.
Required experience / qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting (required).
- Certification in ACCA, CPA or equivalent (required).
- Minimum 5 years sector experience in a finance & accounting role (required).
- Experience with an accounting software system such as SAGE (highly desirable).
- Minimum 5 years West Africa experience (required).
- Desirable to have experience in govt. departments.
- Extensive experience in working with Sage, SAP, Oracle or similar accounting system.
- Desirable to have experience in generating management accounts & profit / loss financial statements.
- Good knowledge of local tax laws in multiple West African countries.
- Fluent in English & French.
- Geographical experience in any of the countries listed is an advantage Nigeria, Mali, Niger, Ghana & Bukina Faso.
- Self starter.
- Ethical, trustworthy & confidential.
- Time management.
- Team player & good relationship builder.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Resilient & positive.
- This role has no team management responisbiity.
- Applicants must include 3 work related references, preferably supervisors.
- Applicants must upload a copy of their latest resume on their candidate profile on CTG’s Tayo system.
- Applicant must include all educational certificates, degrees & relevant documentation for verification.
- Applicant must be fully fluent in French & English.
- Aptitude tests will be conducted.
- Applicant must have advanced capabilities in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.