The primary role of the NCD Services Hub team is to provide administrative, purchasing and framework support to the Delivery Organisation in ESB Networks. This organisation is responsible for the delivery of a large programme of works annually which includes utilising external contractors and suppliers. The programme covers a wide range of activities including overhead lines, substations, cable/ducting projects and timber cutting.
The role is broad ranging and offers scope for variety as the support provided to the Networks Delivery Organisation covers a wide range of activities including Purchase
Order creation for work requests received, contractor payments, performance reporting on various programmes, safety support and engaging with the relevant stakeholders nationally.
This position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain a good understanding of the Networks business and develop/enhance their skills including IT, stakeholder management, financial awareness.
- Processing of work requests received from delivery organisation ensuring they are handled within SLA’s.
- Creating contractor/supplier purchase orders.
- Goods receipting purchase orders for payment to contractors ensuring payment within contracted payment terms.
- Issuing work instructions/Purchase Orders to Contractors.
- Ensuring all governance and Procurement guidelines are adhered to.
- Correct management of central mailboxes for use by Internal EBS staff and external contractors.
- Work closely with Stakeholders and procurement to ensure that contractors can be paid to terms and that contracts have the correct rates and funds available.
- Monitoring status of Purchase Orders created and completing PO cleansing as required.
- Utilise IT systems as required to ensure the role is carried out effectively. These
- systems include SAP S/4HANA, Excel, SharePoint Sites, Excel Databases.
- Producing reports using excel and maintaining records.
- Effectively interact with other key stakeholders across the business e.g., Delivery Organisation, Procurement, Contract Operations, Finance, Asset Management,
- Accounts Payable etc. as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Proficiency using SAP S/4HANA
- Good level of proficiency of Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive, MS Teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A high level of commitment and flexibility
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Experience with SAP SRM would be advantageous
- A 3rd Level qualification or equivalent work experience.
- Full Driving License.
- Regional ESB Depot/Office, hybrid/smart work will be a feature of this role.