The holders of this position will be part of the Finance team that is based in Lagos and Abuja Nigeria, led by the Head of Finance & Admin. You are expected to handle data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports. You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
- Ensure correct posting of transactions in the financial system (SAP) daily.
- Reconciling the company’s accounts payable and receivable
- Liaising with internal and external auditors and deal with any financial irregularities as they arise
- Tracking all payments to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with budget forecasts for the company
- Processing EEA Nigeria’s tax payments and returns
- Continuous management of financial & Inventory systems
- Producing reports and recommendations following internal audits or public sector audits
- Explaining billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Assist in Month-end closing process and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Dealing with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensuring that reconciliations are completed on a weekly and monthly basis
● 2-4 years Accounting experience
● Experience in any major accounting system (SAP an advantage) with ability to work on spreadsheets.
● Excellent understanding of accounting policies, standards and processes
● Excellent attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
● Technical skills and competence
● Team player and self-starter
● Ability to influence, inspire and motivate people who are not directly under your responsibility
● Computer literate with experience in using Accounting Systems
● Intermediate Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
● Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
● Awareness and ability to demonstrate the importance of ethics & appropriate codes of conduct in the workplace
● Ability to achieve daily targets while attending to impromptu activities that may occur
Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or other related field