Main Purpose of the Position:
To assist the Head of Supply Chain in implementing new and maintaining existing systems used by the Supply Chain function in order to achieve the objectives of the department. This position will ensure the ongoing successful and efficient utilisation of the company ERP software (SAP S/4 Hana) as well as any other digital tool.
Responsibility for Internal and External relations
- Coordinating with users in other departments (sales, marketing, distribution, operations, maintenance) for effective data management and implementation of new software systems
- Coordinating with IT/SAP team on improvement of the utilisation of existing systems as well as for the effective implementation of new systems
- Coordinating with IT/SAP team on validation of the system for successful implementation
- Interaction with Solution providers, together with IT/SAP team, to ensure that desired results are achieved within time and budget constraints
- Manage the process of collection of information (internally within MRM as well as externally with solution providers) for the smooth introduction of new SKU’s in the ERP system, within time and budget constraints
- Manage the process of effectively and efficiently removing non-active SKU’s from the ERP system, while managing phasing out timings and actions so as to reduce obsolete inventory
SAP Supply Chain Master Data Management:
- Interaction with SAP Master Data Management (MDM) Team as well as users (supply chain, sales, production and maintenance) to ensure that the functional master data in the ERP system such as SKU descriptions, vendor item information, MRP parameters, Bill of Material, etc is complete and accurate at all times. This applies to new and existing materials as well as those that must be phased out.
- Ensure discipline in Material Master data management and Vendor Data Management in SAP S4 Hana with the help of SAP MDM team.
- SPOC (Single point of Contact) from Supply Chain Function who deals with internal IT Team and other external solution provider for successful implementation of SAP ERP System, any other Digital tool for Supply Chain, Demand Forecasting, WMS, TMS, Inventory Management etc. and resolution of any query.
- Co-ordinate with SAP IT team or consultant for developing any new system generated report to enhance the performance of Supply chain function.
Introduction of New Digital tool / System and Digital transformation:
- Assist in determining specifications for new software systems and vendor selection.
- Follow up with external solutions providers as well as internal users for the effective execution of software implementation projects and for the maintenance phase after go-live.
- Digital transformation – Actively support the Head of Supply Chain in proposing new ideas to reduce manual work and improve process efficiency and accuracy.
- Adhere to Company standards and policies in addition to all regulatory requirements
- Support and implement Company initiatives to achieve performance, quality and safety metrics
- Contribute to periodic departmental and company planning and budgeting cycles including the annual Business Plan Process (BPP)
- Actively support the BU management team in implementing BU- and company-wide policies/procedures and action plans
- Ensure the safeguarding and security of Company assets
- Maintain 100% accuracy in documentation, data management and compliance of SOPs
- Qualifications required:
- Minimum academic qualification: Bschelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Business/ICT
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Certified Course in Supply Chain/ICT/SAP Module
- Experience required:
- General work experience (years):5+ years in ERP based Supply Chain with experience in ERP Implementation – preferably SAP ERP system (MM & SD Module) – Being SAP Super User and experience in Master data Management would be added advantage
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years):2 years in a similar role
- Industry: Manufacturing, FMCG.