Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as a Country Finance Manager will be the part of Process Automation Business Area for Turbocharging Division based in Lagos, Nigeria. In this role you will be reporting to LBU Manager will be responsible to o act as the finance and commercial business partner to the HUB/LD Manager. To co-drive the direction and success of the Turbo organization by actively contributing to effective decision making based on profound finance insights and distinct business acumen. Leadership and oversight of all finance, commercial and fiduciary matters to sustainably optimize business performance and financial position. To represent to company externally and ensure compliance with all legal requirements and internal policies.
- Contribute to the definition of the strategy for the local division and serve as the key partner for the relevant business leader (Country Manager) in determining strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with the wider Turbo strategy, and final implementation. Maintain constant contact with relevant other managers regarding financials, market and customer situation, operations and commercial outlook.
- Translate strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets and coordinate and oversees the business planning and estimating process for the area of responsibility and evaluate financial implications of various strategic decisions, build scenarios, and initiates corrective actions incl. required follow ups, monitor progress achieved and provides insights and analysis to support operational and strategic decision-making.
- Leverage the power of financial and nonfinancial data to understand value drivers in the Hub/LD and identify issues and advise local management peers on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Drive appropriate cost structure/control/reductions, productivity optimizations, and capital efficiency to ensure value creation and manage and closely monitor the cash flow and take action to improve Net Working Capital, analyze customer and product/agreement profitability.
- Identify and communicate commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions and execute risk/contract reviews in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure and closely monitor and follow up on overdues to minimize default risk, Stewardship of company’s assets (e.g. Real Estate, local representative towards insurances).
- Establish and oversees process and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensure high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined local statutory and Group-wide standards as well as financial closing schedules.
- Coordinate and ensure accurate financial bookkeeping in accordance with locally accepted accounting principles and US-GAAP, to be executed by an external trustee and ensure the on-time preparation of correct statutory financial statements also by means of the trustee.
- Ensure preparation and filing of correct tax returns such as income tax, VAT and WHT by means of an external trustee and continuously monitor change in local tax legislation and assess their implications together with local and global experts.
- University degree in Finance/Controlling/Accounting or Chartered Accountant (e.g. ACCA, ACA, ICAEW, ICAS, CPA, CIMA) or longstanding practical work experience with demonstrated achievements.
- 5+ years of experience in controlling/accounting function in an international environment (industrial background is an asset).
- Experience in SAP (FI and CO, SD and PS are a plus) and excellent MS Office and MS Teams skills.
- Strong financial background structured and result oriented with strong analytical skills, strong team player with good problem-solving skills, approaching problems with open mind and persistence to deliver on time.
- Able to handle different topics simultaneously, ideally used to matrix organization structure.
- Fluency in English is a must, further local country languages considered a plus.