The primary responsibility of the Assistant Payroll Manager is to provide an efficient and cost effective payroll function serving the organization’s internal and external stakeholders. He/she will update and manage efficient work systems and effective internal controls within the payroll function, ensuring that processing errors are avoided and changes are reflected accurately and promptly. In this role, he/she must have good eye for details, good analytical skills, comparing data and preparation of reports.
- Accept and process monthly payroll input via SAP Payroll software solution.
- Process payment of Staff salaries, wages, allowances, bonuses and other staff related payments for Lafarge Africa Plc and associated BUs – Monthly and periodically.
- Process payment of Wages and salaries of the Ad hoc Staff and Expatriates.
- Administration, management and remittances of statutory deductions such as Pension, PAYE, ECA and other statutory dues to the relevant collecting bodies.
- Management of outsourcing contracts (e.g. Recore) and ensure the practice comply adequately with the Lafargeholcim values and standards.
- Employee Compensation and Benefit advisory to relevant internal stakeholders particularly issues relating to PAYE, Pension contribution, VESS and AECS.
- Employees payslip administration – individual, embassies & banking transactions
- Support Employees for banks credit facility.
- Generate monthly and periodic payroll related reports for Management decision making.
- Support in annual budget preparations.
- Support employee industrial relations and collective bargaining.
- Responsible for terminal / exit benefits calculations
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, payroll and personnel policies.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientations and inductions to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of direct any temporary resources (interns etc.) relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
- First Degree in Accounting/Social Sciences
- 3-5 years working relevant experience
Knowledge & Skills
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong MS skills especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Self -Motivated
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail,
- Inquisitive, curious (going deep into each aspect)
- Accurate, meticulous
- Flair for doing the “routine”
- Credibility and persuasiveness
- Loyalty and respect for the organization.
- Familiarity with the local traditions and culture.