Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Group Treasury Financial Control
Job Grade: (Band 1-6)
Department: Risk Management
Reports To: Group Head, Risk Management
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Supporting Group Head Risk Management in delivering specific objectives agreed with Group Treasury on bank charges and account maintenance.
- Review actual charges on bank accounts in compliance agreed terms between Group Treasury and respective banks.
- Benchmark 15 Reporting Units in TGI Nigeria against Best practices for bank accounts maintenance and related Treasury practices.
- Contribute to Group income by highlighting potential savings and or errors on Interest calculations & Bank charges in formal reports to companies & Group Treasury. Audit department will supervise this process.
- Critically review Bank Reconciliation Statement for accuracy and compliance, and identify areas of red flag concern.
- Ability to review utilization of facilities and cost of funding across TGI Group companies; Recognise and report areas for savings as required.
- Ability to review and confirm bank account balances with GL balances in SAP & Navision where necessary.
- Review of Electronic transfer validation and ensuring appropriate controls are available, applied and monitored. Partner with all stakeholders (i.e. CFOs, Group CFO, Group Treasury, GMD, etc.) to identify risk issues in back relationships.
Education / Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
- B.Sc (Second class upper) / HND
- Chartered Accountant (ICAN/ACCA).
- Minimum of five (5) years experience.