- Responsible for overall management of the Finance Team.
- Manage monthly reporting with detailed analysis of sales and profit along with comparison with prior Rolling Estimate, Annual Business Plan and Previous Year.
- Manage the company’s working capital in Debtors and Inventories in accordance with the Cash Flows
- Plan and present Capital expenditure proposals in line with the Group policy and Cash Flows
- Ensure compliance of all applicable statutory and legal requirements; payment of PAYE/WHT & filing of PAYE / WHT returns – monthly / Quarterly / Annual; timely filing of the company’s annual tax returns.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, this includes planning and managing internal/statutory/ external audits.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep the leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Liaise with and provide support to HODs regarding departmental budgets, expenditures and financial reporting, this includes monitoring the budget implementation and advice on reallocation of funds when necessary.
- Ensure that all company assets records are well maintained in accordance with the accounting standards.
- Monitor depreciation of company assets to ensure that the provisions are made in accordance with the accounting standards.
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate risk and insurance programs of establishments to control risks and losses.
- Analyze, classify risks and determine their potential impact on the company. Prepare operational and risk reports for management analysis.
- Direct insurance negotiations and ensure that internal processes are adhered to ensure our claims are honoured should there be any in the year.
- Prepare Board Meeting reports and the circulation of the same to all the Board Members one week prior to the meeting.
- Update and implement all necessary finance policies and accounting practices from time to time in consultation with other senior finance officers.
- Set up and continuously evaluate internal control systems in line with changing demands, and ensure they are appropriately designed to serve the best interest of the company.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Minimum academic qualification: a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Finance/Accounting option. Master’s Degree in Finance is added advantage
- CPA (K), CFA, ACCA, CA
- Professional registration with an accounting Association
- General work experience (years): 15 years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 10 years
- Industry experience: Preferably Manufacturing
- Knowledge and use of SAP will be an added advantage