We are looking for a passionate and professional Finance Manager in our Finance team who will coordinate the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and intercompany accounts payable, to facilitate payment when due and ensure the validity of all supplier invoices before authorisation for payment and appropriate reconciliation of supplier accounts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Accounts Payable function in DCP, Obajana Plant.
- Analyse and maintain Accounts Payable performance metrics, service relationships and communications across departments in DCP.
- Supervise the review of supplier invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities for prompt resolution.
- Provide appropriate responses to suppliers’ queries/ issues and escalate unresolved issues to the Financial Controller, as required.
- Supervise and ensure reconciliation of suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Recommend updates to existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
- Ensure an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/ vendors.
- Ensure accurate ageing report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
- Oversee a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills and payment supports.
- Review staff advance requests and ensure requisitions are duly authorised by relevant department/ unit heads.
- Hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating accounts payable staff members.
- Overseeing routine department activities to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial information to management and government agencies.
- Provide assistance in resolving queries and preparation of cost centre reports for plant profit centre
- Reconcile various asset and liability accounts on a monthly basis for the plant profit centre.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records of invoices and staff advance/ retirement documentation.
- Review periodic activity reports for the attention of the Financial Controller including information on outstanding payments to suppliers, approved invoices, etc.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Financial Controller.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or related discipline.
- Relevant professional accounting qualifications such as. ACA, ACCA etc.
- Minimum of 10 – 12 years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyze information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal relationships and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.