- Supervise all mechanical inspection activities to ensure effective and efficient execution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out first level plant inspection using the four senses of smell, hear, touch and sight.
- Carry out Vibration, Shock Pulse and temperature data collection and trending to monitor equipment health
- Carry out Oil Analysis of critical equipment and generate report of findings and recommendations.
- Carry out in-situ dynamic balancing of rotary equipment as might be required.
- Update equipment vibration data history on SAP
- Oversee the verification of measurements of mechanical spares and test the ascribed capabilities.
- Coordinate the calibration of inspection, measuring and test equipment in line with company procedures.
- Make downtime entries on ADAP
- Carry out wear measurements to predict life expectancy for equipment major wear parts.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Team Lead, Reliability (MIPS/ Methods).
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Working knowledge of cement manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of manufacturing technology
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on project management experience
- Basic knowledge of mechanicals systems
- Critical thinking skills, and proficiency with standard testing tools, calipers, depth gauge, microscope, and CMM programs
- Working knowledge of engineering economics including cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions