Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 26th August 2022.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate administrative and logistical support for the central office in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws. The post holder will be supervised by Country Supply Chain Manager and expected to work very closely with other members of the Supply Chain, Programme, Grants and Finance teams. S/He is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of Admin and logistics operations and support with monitoring and reporting of Admin and logistics activities in the central Office.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and with partners and, externally with vendors, service providers, consultants etc. The post holder will coordinate the effective administration and logistics management in the country office and give support to the field offices where necessary.
Administrative and Logistics
- Provide high quality technical input in project operational planning, including the assessment, design, start-up, budget management and implementation of supply chain activities for multiple projects
- Coordinates logistics contracts and services for the Country office – review all support and consultancy contracts for approval.
- Monitor logistics contract implementation and maintain a database/register with updated information for all active contracts.
- Oversight of fleet management and transport operations
- Responsible for fixed assets management
- Coordinate logistics (and procurement as need arises/when delegated) operations in the central office, ensuring compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations.
- Claims management – using the specified soft ware
- Vendor creation and management in SAP system for Country office (Subject Matter Expert)
- Effective coordination on the logistics support processes, and ensuring timely and efficient support to meet project objectives
- Oversee and ensure proper logistics for all arrangements for meetings, conferences and workshops managed by the central office, is assured and services delivered are of high quality.
- Support the on-boarding orientation and capacity building training to newly engaged staff and implementing partners for their proper integration into Plan International Nigeria operations.
- Ensure Plan International Nigeria insurance policies are up to date and renewed on yearly basis.
- Ensure strict adherence to procedures in documents archiving for the central office,
- Coordinate and carry out pre-qualification exercises and report on due diligence assessment of vendors before entering into vendors’ database.
- Participate in conducting Supply Chain Operations Manual awareness training to vendors and ensure compliance to Non-Staff Code of Conduct, Anti-fraud and Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Child and Youth Safeguarding policies of Plan International.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms and ensure value for money in the quality of goods and services to be supplied
- Oversee periodic and surprise stock counts to ascertain effectiveness of controls in stock management
- Supervise admin officers to ensure hitch-free flight booking and travel arrangement for staff and in-coming visitors.
- Coordination and management of Plan International Nigeria’s approved vendor list, hold regular feedback sessions with approved vendors.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Admin and Logistics Manager
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- At least 3 -4 years of experience working in administration and logistics Coordination role in an INGO
- Working Experience in use of SAP
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.