- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to fabrication, installation, maintenance, repair, and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Shift Technicians to identify problematic equipment/machines in the plant and effect repairs promptly.
- Implement SOP’s for maintenance.
- Execute corrective maintenance on all assigned equipment/ machines in a timely manner.
- Assist to ensure safety precautions are observed and personal protection equipment are worn during repairs or scheduled maintenance.
- Take inventory of working tools weekly to ensure that it matches the original tool list provided.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections, and adjustments.
- Replace minor fixtures in the plant machines.
- Participate in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Enter data into ERP system (e.g., SAP) for spares and consumables.
- Technicians should personally clean operating equipment for effective performance
- Technicians should maintain the tools and tackle properly
- Ensures quality maintenance as per PM schedule
- Reports any break down or stoppages more than 30mins to sectional engineers.
- Carry out briefly- analysis of break down jobs
- Ensure no break down on groups taken for maintenance until next PM schedule date.
- Attends to any breaks down within the shortest possible time.
- Fill the checklist against the job carried out daily and file it properly
- Ensure to remove all scrap after maintenance
- Identify potential environmental and OHS hazards
Education and Work Experience
- Trade test 1 in Mechanical related Trade with 5 years relevant work experience.
- OND Mechanical Engineering + 2 years experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Basic knowledge of cement production process
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills