Job Title: Farm Manager (SAP ERP skill is required)
Company : Olam
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
Farm Manager: Large Scale Rice Farming operation.
Innovation in rice farming is essential. We have introduced a fully mechanised large-scale rice farm in Nigeria. The Project cultivates two crops of 4,400 ha per year, under flooded conditions, which are delivered to an onsite company owned Rice Mill.
Our farm has an integrated rice mill with a processing capacity of 70,000 tonnes. This farm acts as a centre for improving productivity, and also as a vocational training hub for thousands of smallholders from nearby communities. Through our rice mill, farmers can process their crop, and gain access to market, improving local livelihoods.
- Directs, motivates & coordinates with Asst. Managers and supervisors on the farm activities such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting and evaluate it together with the Head of Farming Operations and take corrective decisions.
- Should be able to organize himself and the team and execute the farm operations within the planting to harvesting time frames of the farm with excellent labor management skills.
- Budget preparation for the area assigned and strive to be within the allocated budget
- Ability to analyze the budget vs actuals and forecast any overruns.
- Ability to forecast on the harvest dates by estimating the physiological maturity to save time and prevent harvest losses.
- Coordinate with workshop, agronomy, mill & aerial operations team for the efficient functioning of operations from land preparation to harvesting.
- Should be able to evaluate the team members & understand the knowledge gap and address it with the required training from the concerned department.
- Should Keep himself updated on the knowledge on the machineries, nutrients, herbicides, pests & diseases.
- Preferably have farmed in Africa at some stage in his career
- Should have good communication skills in English.
- A degree in agriculture would be preferred. Master’s in agriculture or management would be an advantage. A degree in science may be considered.
- A previous large-scale rice farming experience with a minimum of 5 years is preferred, or candidate has worked under any plantation set up for 10-15 years may be considered.
- Should have good knowledge in using basic MS office packages.
- Experience of MIS or ERP systems would be an advantage.
The SAP ERP New User Training, is the preliminary training level for all new users of the SAP ERP system. It is required for anyone who is new to the SAP ERP Domain. Other Levels of Training are, SAP ERP End User, Super User and Certification/Consultant Training.. READ MORE