Nigeria Accounting Manager
Job Title: Nigeria Accounting Manager
Department: Finance & Admin
Reporting Line: Head of Finance & Admin
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025. www.engie-energyaccess.com
The holder of this position will be part of the Finance team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, led by the Head of Finance & Admin. You will oversee, supervise, and evaluate the operations of the Accounting Department. This involves direct oversight and management of the company’s accountants as well as accounting support staff. You will be responsible for planning, organising and managing the daily operation of the Accounting functions, tasks and projects, while ensuring that department responsibilities are performed and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Providing day to day direction and support to the accounting team ensuring expectations are communicated and departmental goals are achieved
• Coaching, training and developing the team, including employee performance evaluations and providing career development planning and opportunities
• Work together with the accounting team to evaluate and improve processes to enhance speed and accuracy of accounting tasks
• Overseeing: Compliance & Taxes, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, financial statements and cost reports, and analysis receipts and disbursements, general journals, fixed assets and month end processes
• Leading and providing oversight for month-end close
• Preparing forecasts and monthly reports
• Developing, implementing and assessing short and long-term programs, goals and objectives for accounting department
• Ensuring that accounting practices, records, controls and decisions are made according to accounting standards and Company policy
• Organising and manage periodic stock takes and perform inventory reconciliations
• Preparation of statutory accounts
• Overseeing preparation and completion of the annual tax returns
• Performing other duties as required
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our
team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
– Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
– Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
– Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
– Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
– Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Required Skills & Experience
● 7 years of broad-based accounting/reporting experience, including minimum 3 years supervisory or management experience
● ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent accounting qualification i.e. degree in Finance or Accounting
● Knowledge of SAP software
● Working knowledge of Nigerian tax laws
● Experience working with and producing management and statutory accounts
● Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office environment with advanced Excel skills
● Experience in supervising, evaluating, training and motivating employees
● Excellent communication skills
● Exceptional attention to detail
● Experience working at multinational organisations will be advantageous
● Awareness and ability to demonstrate the importance of ethics & appropriate codes of conduct in the workplace
● Ability to achieve daily targets while attending to impromptu activities that may occur
The SAP ERP New User Training, is the preliminary training level for all new users of the SAP ERP system. It is required for anyone who is new to the SAP ERP Domain. Other Levels of Training are, SAP ERP End User, Super User and Certification/Consultant Training.. READ MORE